*Please note, if your case is not located in this specific court, the potential penalties are likely not to be the same.
- To be informed of the charges against you;
- To be considered innocent unless you enter a guilty plea or found guilty at trial (or final hearing for traffic infractions);
- Right to be represented by an attorney;
- To plea not guilty and have a trial to the court or jury; Be aware there are certain procedures you must follow to preserve your right to a jury trial and you should immediately contact the court to determine those procedures because time is of the essence!
- You may testify in your defense or remain silent;
- The state must prove the elements of the crime which you are charged beyond a reasonable doubt; and
- You present witnesses in your defense or cross examine any witnesses against you.
This webpage was created for your education and as a starting place for you research. Please understand that information you find on the internet is no substitute for the advice of an actual attorney license practiced law in colorado. If you find yourself in situation where you could use the services of an experienced denver traffic lawyer, please do not hesitate to contact my office and inquire about the services we offer to help you with your traffic violations by calling (303) 963 -9363