Reckless Driving Lawyer In Colorado
Reckless Driving lawyer
Reckless Driving Ticket in Colorado
I have defended people from Reckless Driving Tickets in Colorado in a variety of situations. Most of the time the a Reckless Driving Ticket means that something very serious has happened. The government is going to come after you for this ticket. Do not take it lightly. The most common scenarios I have seen for a Reckless Driving Ticket in Colorado include, but are not limited to the following situation:
- You were involved in a serious traffic accident and the cop thought your driving behavior was reckless
- You hit a pedestrian or bicyclist
- You admitted that you were a distracted driver, like text messaging or reading while driving, and there was an accident
- You were drag racing other cars on the road and the cop saw you
- You were speeding excessively and the cop thought that your speed was outrageous that he should charge you with reckless driving
- Your driving conducted displayed “wanton or willful disregard for the safety of others”
Reckless Driving Law In Colorado
A person who drives a motor vehicle, bicycle, electrical assisted bicycle, or low-power scooter in such a manner as to indicate either a wanton or a willful disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving. A person convicted of reckless driving of a bicycle or electrical assisted bicycle shall not be subject to the provisions of section 42-2-127 .C.R.S. 42-4-1401.
Reckless Driving Law Penalties in Colorado
- Your 1st conviction – up to ninety (90) days in jail and/or up to $300.00 fines, 8 points against your license, and a habitual traffic offender strike.
- Your Second and Subsequent conviction – minimum of 10 days in jail but not more than 6 months – a fine up to $1,000.00, 8 points against your license, and another habitual traffic offender strike.
How will my life be impacted, if I am convicted of a Reckless Driving Ticket?
If you are convicted (found guilty or plead guilty) of REckless Driving in Colorado, your life can impacted in the following -just to mention a few:
- You might be put in jail, if the judges thinks you need to put in jail
- You will now have a criminal record -since Reckless Driving is a Criminal Charge
- You will now have a habitual traffic offender strike -which can lead a 5 year license suspension
- You might lose your license, if you have too many points against your license
- Your insurance will definitely increase for a minimum of 3 years
- You are at serious risk of your auto insurer dropping you from the policy
- Your permanent driving record will reflect a conviction for Reckless driving
- You will have a hard time finding insurance companies to extend coverage to you
Contact an experienced Reckless Driving Lawyer Colorado to help you fight your Reckless Driving Ticket.
Why Should I hire a Lawyer to Fight my Reckless Driving Ticket in Colorado?
So you have been cited with a Recklesss Driving Ticket in Colorado and wonder what a lawyer can do for you. It is important to understand that you are charged with a crime. If you attempt to fight the ticket alone, nobody will help you. You might be confused about the process or penalties. You might think the court will help you. You might think that the judge will throw the ticket out. You might think the prosecutor is your friend. You might think the cop won’t show up because you read it somewhere online. Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!
- You might be scared to go to court alone and a lawyer can represent you in court and be your voice
- You may be unfamiliar with the legal process and a lawyer can explain it to you
- You might not have to go to court at all -with the right traffic lawyer
- You may have a legal defense and a lawyer can help you analyze your case for potential defense
- You might not have any defense, and if that is a case, a lawyer can help reduce your charges to lesser charges
- You have many rights with a criminal case and lawyer can help you understand those rights
- A lawyer is your expert, guide, and legal advocate.
Don’t wait to get help! Call for a free consultation (303) 963-9363.
Request a Free Consultation Get in touch with our firm today.
Ike Lucero, Jr, P.C. is based in Lakewood, Colorado, and represent clients in Adams County, Alamosa County, Arapahoe County, Bent County, Baca County, Archuleta County, Cheyenne County, Chaffee County, Conejos County,Dolores County, Eagle County, Freemont County, Elbert County, Garfield County, Grand County, Gilpin County, Jackson County, Huerfano County, Hinsdale County, Gunnison County, La Plata County, Kit Carson County, Kiowa County, Lake County, Lincoln County, Las Animas County, Logan County, Moffat County, Mineral County, Mesa County, Morgan Count, Montrose County, Park County, Ouray County, Otero County, Prowers County, Pitkin County, Phillips County, Rio Blanco County, Pueblo County, Saguache County, Routte County San Miguel County, Summit County, Sedwick County, Teller County, Yuma County, Jefferson County, Larimer County, Weld County, Boulder County, El Paso County, Washington County, Clear Creek County, Alamosa County, Broomfield County, Costilla County, Denver County, and Delta County. Additionally, Ike Lucero, Jr., P.C. regularly represents clients in municipal court in cities of Aurora, Boulder Fort Collins, Greeley, Golden, Brighton, Cherry Creek, Cherry Hills Village, Lakewood, Arvada, Longmont, Littleton, Westminster, Broomfield, Castle Rock, Parker, Highlands Ranch, Wheatridge, Georgetown, Thornton, Northgleen, Greenwood Village, Centennial, and various other municipalities.